Is it time to RE-ENERGISE your business? Are you GROWING beyond your current capabilities?
Are you thinking of STARTING UP an enterprise – or are you STEPPING BACK?
Whether you are currently in business, or whether you are thinking of taking that first step, Business Coaching New Zealand has the knowledge and expertise to set you on the right path.
Preparing Your Business Plan
A Business Plan provides you with an essential map to business destination. When it is prepared following our simple guidelines it will function as an Action Template for your business.
- Keep it short and to the point, several A4 pages only. If it is too long and complex it will sit at the back of the desk draw and never see the light of day.
- Look at your business plan as a work in progress and not a stone tablet.
- It should regularly be revised and updated as your business grows, matures or changes direction.
- When you prepare your plan share your thoughts with your staff, ask them for their contribution, have a brain storming session. It is more effective to get your staff to buy into the plan rather than impose a plan on them.
Do your home work before you start writing, collect all necessary information, have all financial data at hand, have past history information ready and undertake market research on;
- potential customers and competitors
- economic and market conditions
- the way trade is usually done in your industry
- who the suppliers are
- staff and technology you require
Do not write in long paragraphs. Where possible, use bullet points as this will make it easier to write, read and keep it more specific.
Keep three things in mind as you write your plan;
- OBJECTIVES; where you want the business to go
- TACTICS; how does it get there
- BUDGET; what will it cost
Anyone who wants to use this template is welcome to sit down over a coffee with Aaron Spence to discuss their plan free of charge.