Last week, Sarahlee from Sarahlee Studio gave us all some professional tips on how to make your corporate photos compelling. It was fascinating to see the difference in resulting photo, even without studio lighting, after a bit of professional photographer staging.
Sarah’s Tips for Men and Women
- For everyone stand side on with your feet 45degrees from the camera.
- Turn your shoulders 45degrees also (this slims down the body)
- Ladies weight on the back foot + bend front knee, men stand evenly weighted.
- Ladies hands to outside of thighs and slide up (to outline the waist)
- Men hands in pockets or cross arms.
- Ladies only chin to shoulder (to engage body language)
Everyone push chin away from the neck, to slim down any double chin and elongate the neck
Focus in smiling with the eyes and let the mouth follow, don’t force and toothy or tight lipped smile.
Change up the expression, no smile, little smile, big smile, full grin (this helps to stop the forced smile look).
Talk to Sarahlee for compelling corporate photos for your website, email newsletter and business card.